Views: 315 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-05-12 Origin: Site
We know that metal terminal parts are often used to facilitate the connection of wires, and it is an indispensable metal stamping component for many applications. There are terminals where there are branch connections, and where there are equipment, there are terminals. Generally, terminals with different voltages and current levels are used according to the size of current. And wiring terminal parts can be added, reduced or replaced at any time. So, wiring terminal components are always arranged and numbered regularly according to regulations. Although they are densely arranged together, the professionals can know its direction and purpose by looking at the position number.
About bus bar
A bus bar is different from a terminal block component. Usually, it gathers all the studs or terminals together and forms one bus, which makes the electrical ‘node’ with same potential voltage level. For the switch panel used as the positive source distribution method, the bus bar is often used on the negative side of the circuit. We know that the design of bus bar is for making a solid connection point between one current source and many branch circuits, so it also can make many branch circuits back to a single current source. As one electrical ‘node’, bus bar are often placed parallel many loads each other, for example, the electrical loads of boats are placed in this way, which clearly shows the difference between terminal blocks and bus bars in design and use.
Method of bus bar installation
1. There is no sharp corners and burrs on the bus bars and fixing devices.
2. The surface of the hard bus bar is smooth and clean including the bending metal stamping part, and there should be no cracks, wrinkles, inclusions, deformation and distortion.
3. The lap surface of the bolt-fixed bus bar should be flat, the silver-plated metal layer should not have pitted surface, peeled and uncovered parts, the contact surface of silver-plated layer should not be arbitrarily ground, and the insulator should be clean and undamaged.
4. When the bus bar is laid flat, the metal bolt parts should be threaded from bottom to top. In other cases, the nut should be placed on the maintenance side, and the length of the bolt should be exposed to the 2~3 thread of the nut.
5. Washers should be provided on both outer sides of the bus bar connected by bolts, and there should be a clear distance of more than 3mm between adjacent bolt washers, and the nut side should be equipped with spring washers and lock nuts.
6. The bolts should be evenly stressed, and the electrical wiring terminals should not be subject to additional stress.
7. The bus bars are in close contact and connection, the connecting metal parts are tightened with a torque wrench, and the tightening torque needs to meet the requirements.
8. The bus bar fixing hardware and the post insulator should be flat and fixed without angle, and the balance should not make the supported bus bar subjected to additional stress.